Friday, July 30, 2010

Last blog!

This final blog I think should be on the entire experience there. I personally feel that I learned a lot about myself, and all the other students while I was there. The research, and all the twists and turns (that are STILL going on) I think gave me a lot broader view of what its like to be a 'leader' and to make decisions that truly matter, and most importantly to collaborate effectively. Sarah and I are lucky we were with such an amazing group of instructors and students, otherwise our first research project would certainly not have been possible. Our experiences in the Comarca put a lot of things into perspective in our lives. I now cherish the material things that I have more (and realize that they really don't matter, and I'm just lucky to have them), and realize how blessed I am to have a strong family foundation, a home, and friends. I also have much more respect for other cultures. Doing research in domestic violence, it is so easy to say 'why don't they just do this' or 'I can't believe that they think that way,' but when you sit back and look at the big picture it is much easier to see where the issue is coming from, and more importantly where it can be improved upon. I want to thank Dr. Cadena particularly for helping Sarah and I open our minds, and be flexible, and want to thank everyone for such a truly amazing experience. I can honestly say I wish I was still living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment