Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chitre!!


Well we have less than a week left in this beautiful country and we have all had a great time regardless of any small inconveniences we have encountered during the 2 weeks we have been here! Chitre is a lot different than my home in Florida, but it has been a great experience! Being without the things you are typically use to having at all times, really opens your eyes to appreciate things more! I definitely won't take internet, phone, air condition, or hot water for granted ever again!! The family that I am staying with is very nice.. the mother is a nurse and the father is a medical doctor. They have one little girl that is 5 years old. At first, the language barrier was an issue because they speak very little English, and I speak very little Spanish! Day by day it gets easier and you learn new ways to communicate! This has been a learning experience for both myself, and the family.. as they have had to learn some English and I some Spanish! The picture above is Shannon and I with our house mother Eudy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment