Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weekends!!! =)



The weekends here in Panama have been exhilarating and relaxing at the same time!!


Location: La Luna
The day was basically spent between the beautiful beach and the pool! The hotel owner was very nice and prepared all our meals for us. He was great. It was a nice chill weekend after having such a hectic week trying to get settled in and adjusting to everything.



Location: El Valle
I woke up at the crack of dawn and went horseback riding (I was terrified), mountain climbing, zip lining, and finished the day at a spring. The day was very busy, but well worth it. I have never done either of the things mentioned above and I here I am in another country doing things that scare the crap out of me lol. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so glad I went and did not back down. Zip lining was my favorite part of the day. On our last day I just relaxed. I rested in a hammock and enjoyed the breeze as I read. The scenery here in Panama is absolutely beautiful! The people are friendly and welcoming and make you feel right at home. We do so much fun stuff and entertain one another that we forget about all the stuff that we miss at home.





Location: Rainforest

Spending time with the indigenous people of the rain forest felt surreal. They picked us up via canoe and we made our way into the rain forest where we got to swim in the waterfall (the others swam I watched from a distance because I can't swim lol, but the water felt great). After we had to hurry and get to the village because it was POURING rain! We all got drenched. The people of the village had delicious fruit and food waiting. They explained their history and performed a traditional dance for us. Aside from all the rain I really had fun. I found it amusing when Melissa and I found a fish and called Jaime (Jaymee) over, who decided she was going to rescue the fish! I think she forgot that she's scared of stuff like that because she dropped the fish more than 6 times trying to rescue it. It was hilarious but she was determined.



No comments:

Post a Comment