Monday, June 14, 2010

Family


My host family is so sweet and welcoming. I feel right at home. There is a language barrier, but luckily the children our age and they are able to translate for the most part to the parents. It gives a chance to work on our spanish and our mom a chance to try out her spanish. I have never said the words "no etiendo" so much in my life! :-D My host mom treats us as if we are her own. She is really sweet. She cooks (the food is DELICIOUS) and washes our clothes when they need to be washed. They took us out to lunch one day when we got home earlier than usual. After we ate we went out to the stores and they gave us a tour of Chitre. I saw the beautiful churches, parks, etc. We got to know one another personality wise so we just went around taking silly pictures and making jokes. My brother's name is Dario and my sisters name is Lau. They have two dogs named Coco and Matia. We didn't get to spend as much time as we would like with them, but when we had free time they spent time with us. On the 1st Friday in Chitre my brother and sister took us to a club called Break. We listened to music and danced all night with other nursing students from the Universidad de Panama and just enjoyed ourselves. My family is awesome and I'm so glad to have met them. They are interested in where we come from and they like to see pictures of our families back home. I feel like I'm apart of their family and they are apart of my family now.






No comments:

Post a Comment